Saturday, July 4, 2009

Don't stress a loss.

I just played in 2 different tourneys. The first was a $10 buy-in. Down to the bubble. Everyone keeps raising my blinds and im stuck with nothing in the hole. I finally catch some cards for a 4 handed table 10 jack off. I raise and small blind re-raises to 1,000. I have about 2,000 chips left. I push all in. He sits for a second or 2 and calls. Ace 9. Flop didn't help either of us. Niether did the turn or river. High card ace knocks me out the bubble. Needless to say I was not a happy player. I shut down the site and said I was done. What kind of poker player would I be if I didn't keep playing? Bought into a $5 bounty game, 10 handed. For the most part of the tourney the guy to my right had the chip lead. Always raising and watching everyone fold to him. Back down to the final 4 at this table. I have not busted anyone for thier bounty. One thing that helped me get back in the game was an all in with the guy on my right. Jack Queen vs his Jack Ace. I pushed after the flop when I hit a pair of Jacks. Turn card gave me a Queen. That's how it went down. Then the short stacked pushed with Ace Jack I call with Pocket Aces. Bounty #1. I am not sure which cards got the player to my right out but... Bounty #2. Me and the last guy heads up. My chip stack is about 12,000 with his around1,800. I raised and re raised just about every hand. He was doing a lot of mucking. Final hand I have King 8. flop comes. Q-something-Q. I lay down a big bet and he calls. turn card is another Q. Time to push so he thinks I have the other Queen. Instant call. He flips over 2 Jacks, full house for him. I needed a King on the river to knock him out. Sure enough a King came to save the day. Bounty #3. I also got my bounty back. That's $10 in bounties. Enough to cover my bad play in the first one. First place paid $12.50. Total $22.50. Not a bad way to end the night. So don't let a loss get you down. There is always another tourney.

Good Luck at the Tables

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Sugar Shop