Monday, July 27, 2009

Chris Moneymaker

Not much time to play poker this weekend because we had family in town. However I was showing them the sites I play on. One night we watched Daniel Negreanu on Pokerstars play some high stakes poker mixed games. How high stakes? $20,000 buy-in. Even tho it was online poker it was still fun to watch a little of it. Then the next day I logged on to Pokerstars again and was seeing what pros were on line. Chris Moneymaker, 2003 Main Event winner. He was playing in 2 tourneys. One was an $11 game which he took 2nd and won I think $390. The other was a $27 and he won. Winning $150. During the $27 game is when it got exciting. Apparently another guy watching the game lived near Chris. Chris then asked the guy if he knew where a particular house was. And he did. Chris then told the guy he lives across the street from there and invited the guy to come over for a poker game. I thought it was really awesome of Chris to do that. It's not everyday a pro poker player or famous person just invites a random person over. Chris I think it is awesome that you did that and I just wanted to let everyone know.

Photobucket

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Sugar Shop